RELATOS DE TERROR Y FANTASÍA

sábado, 18 de abril de 2015

THE SUN DEATH: PART I

Now you can read  the first part of this story which will become a comic thanks to Paco Ramos!

THE SUN DEATH

PART I

The sun, bright, powerful, life-giving. For millennia has nourished plants, ruled climate, and given welfare.
Unfortunately I never got to see, it only through the stories of my great-grandfather who still had old books of human history. I am going to start telling you a brief summary of the knowledge I have gained from them.
A few years later that China became the first world power in 2023, Earth trajectory changed slightly, causing serious demographic problems , ten years later, the polar ice melted and grew the sea level. In 2066 occupied Europe by Muslims was attacked by the US, a climate weapon that caused the ice age. The eternal absurd wars among men led the creation of powerful weapons weather slowly and inexorably led to a slowdown in the sun. The temperature on Earth was descending gradually. Most vegetation died and gradually some animals also did considerably diminishing our food.

Read more:



This concerned both humans that in 2100 an artificial sun that lit up the dark side of the Earth was created, however, eventually the radiation produced by the sun brought us a new disease causing rapid aging in a matter of  seconds. Much of the population of the earth died, falling in a small percentage of what was once our home. When this artificial sun was destroyed; we realized that our true star, the original Sun had exhausted all the helium containing causing the destruction of Mercury and Venus, wrapping them up in flames and disintegrating these planets.
The Sun increasingly became larger and warmed to 15% more than they did years ago. The little vegetation remained, and breeds of animals died. Some rivers in the warmest part of the Earth at that time, evaporated causing a cloud that was further complicated existence on the planet. The laws of physics changed and many old satellites fell. Finally, our sun ceased to give us light, plunging us into darkness, in eternal night.
The wealthy fled forming new colonies under the sea, and others went to Mars, proclaiming a nuclear nation. The less well we stay here, struggling with the dream of escape this planet before he destroys us as he has done most of what we were, what we owned.
My name is Deyon Wang, I am the result of a new race that was born in 2273, you can consider me Afroasiatic. My skin is dark, my slanted eyes the color of honey, and possess great physical marvel needed today.
This is where my story begins. In 2480, I was a poor survivor who lived in this desolate planet. By living like beasts, our most primitive survival instinct was the order of the day. We'd do anything to get ahead, to find food and shelter at any price, but it was not always so easy.
For decades I had lost track of time, no longer existed stations, lived in a permanent winter. Maintained body heat through the skin tore a polar bear, and under it was a threadbare clothes which seizes a corpse ... he's no longer needed.
I had heard that south had a slightly warmer place due to its proximity to volcanoes and magma under the earth, well I heard rumors that recently dropped a ship there, and maybe that was my salvation if I could repair it. Of course, my goal was to get to the south, and would not give up until we got it ... no matter what I have to face, I will never lose the hope of being able to leave this planet, or at least to look for a better weather conditions for my existence.
I spent days, maybe weeks walking. Hunger pangs made a dent in my stomach, as hurtful as the icy wilderness blizzard whipping in my face. I made it through the vast terrain of snow where my feet sank struggling to make a break through the path, I had lost my '' house '' due to an earthquake that took place not long ago. It was a weak and old kiosk which was still standing, but quite cozy to keep myself protected. Having roof nowadays had become a luxury that few have had could afford either because other humans would snatch it from you or because it would fall apart as was my case.
I spotted something moving a few feet from me. I put on alert and took my bow with remote control arrows. It was very useful for hunting, and to get rid of enemies. I turned on the game mode glasses with green crystals, equipped with night vision; and just had to tighten the arrow, send an order from my brain to mark the target and release.
We may live as poor men but who not having a weapon nowadays won't survive!  In my case, I found in an old warehouse of weapons plundered long time ago, before a tribe arrived and seized them. It is the law of the strongest, and I was alone ... You may wonder how did I ended up like this. I've always been a mistrustful man, and I hate that to obey orders. I was in the tribe of Naska, north of what was once Canada, and thanks to the knucklehead who led us everybody died devoured by the sulars, a new species descended from jaguars which had adapted very well to cold temperatures and are as hungry as we are. I warned not to go any where near that territory, as it was home and burrow for these beasts, stupid Paul thinking he was the smartest  told us we could find food, the fact is that  area was rich in fishing, but unfortunately they did not have time to enjoy it ...
I was the only survivor for not wanting to get anywhere near there despite the hunger I was feeling... Hunger makes you weak and prone to make mistakes, tuning out your mind, and if you're decentralised, can be your downfall . Since then I prefer being alone.
I was waiting crouched hiding in the snow, until at last I saw him. There was a reindeer of encysted, the most magnificent specimen of that species, and also the tastiest. We called it like that because it had the knees so thick that seemed to have a tumor, even though was perfect, could feed myself  for a couple of weeks if rationed with it. I aimed and shot my arrow, the animal activated his sixth sense and began to run trying to escape his tragic fate in vain, the arrow struck him in his artery, and crossing her juicy neck. I ran as much as I could until his dying body, looking at me with those tender eyes of misunderstanding, his heart stopped beating slowly.
It was too large and too heavy to carry it, so I took the machete to cut it into pieces to be able to carry it in my backpack.
I bent down to get to it, when suddenly heard a noise just behind me I looked up and saw a young redhead with blue eyes and a long braid girl pointing a small but powerful plasma gun at me.
-Drop that knife, or I'll blow your brains out!
I smiled and obeyed.
-The Bag and bow, take them off and leave them with the knife. Kick them towards me.
-I saw the reindeer first, little girl.
She took a few steps towards me, she was only fifteen or sixteen years old.
-I said let it go!
-Or what ?, will you kill me? ... -I blurted out laughing- I’m sure you haven't even kill a rabbit yet!
That sweet girl shot me on my foot as I was finishing the sentence. I turned my hand to catch an arrow but I heard a scream and then felt a great weight on my back which made me to lose my balance, falling down sulking.
She was a woman of about my age, around twenty-six and twenty-seven, she was angry and came to disarm me. In fact, she managed to snatch the arrows and throw them away from me, but I managed to reach the tactical machete just in time. She had fallen on my back and I turned reacting quickly, putting the knife edge to her neck.
The unknown attractive girl whom I could only see her greenish eyes and a flat nose, as the rest of his face was covered with a scarf, she was choking me and we were both fighting each another, could barely try to slit her neck as she prevented me from doing it
Only the cry for help from her younger companion was what stopped our struggle. She stopped choking me and abruptly turned her head, so I took advantage and kicked her feeling great pain on my foot for her extreme hardness and my bleeding because of the shot wound.
I got up, picked up my bow and arrow, I tensed rope and pointed. I saw the little girl who had aimed at me before, she had awkwardly slid across the ice to slide into a nearby cliff, which had cracked the day of the earthquake. Now her short life was in danger she was holding to a crisp tip ice with her gloved hands. The brunette girl went to her aid.
I could have killed them and take the reindeer with me, but for once, just once, I didn't wanna be a bloody pig. I cursed myself for deciding to help and I approached the mysterious girl scarf to save her friend, pulling her arm without any success and both were slipping into an uncertain and cruel fate.
As I approached, she looked at me with hatred and tension.
-Don’t worry, just want to help.

-Even if you help me now, you know that later I will   kill you!- Agitated replied.
-Then I'll take that that risk...
I approached cautiously to the edge of the abyss, and reached the redhead girl. We both  and after a great struggle trying not to fall as well  we  managed to get her up it to a  safe place-
The three of us were exhausted, but the girl with green eyes now had another plasma gun, and I aimed at my head. I got up with the utmost temperance, shaking the snow from my home fur coat, and turn my back to them.
-Keep the reindeer. I will hunt another one- I said, and I walked off in the opposite direction to them leaving a trail of blood of my injured foot.
-Wait, don’t go!-Exclaimed the redhead girl.
I stopped my pace and I turned around.
-Thank you for saving me, and ... sorry for trying to kill you, we're very hungry, but there is enough for everyone. Let's share it!
-What are you doing Jessy?!-The brunette claimed.
-He hunted it, and helped us, we owe him besides! I shot him on his foot... wild animals will smell his blood and will follow him till they kill him.
-Please don’t underestimate me ... I've been through worse situations, I'll manage.
-No! I insist, come with us, we will heal you and share the reindeer encysted with you.
-Are you serious? Troy will not be pleased that we're taking an intruder with us, and will kill him… Maybe I should kill him myself here and now… -Said the brunette who still arming at me.
-But we can take him without being seen. I'll let him use my room and sleep with you today-replied Jessy, the redhead.
The brunette sighed and looked at me suspiciously analysing me up and down with her eyes until lowered the gun.
-All right ... just for eight hours sleep.
-What is your name?- The girl asked me.
-Deyon, And I guess you're Jessy, right?
-Yes, if you come with us, Sarah knows the medicine which can cure your injured foot.
-Nice to meet you, Sarah and Jessy.
-Stop saying nonsense and let's get back to the shelter, before we freeze or we become food for wildlife animals- Said Sarah with a scowl.
-Wise advice, and where is that shelter exactly?- I asked as I helped the girls to shatter the body of the reindeer, so it would be easier to transport it .
-We're from the tribe of the Arcasians, and...
Sarah covered Jessy mouth.
-Stop giving information, he already knows enough about us. It will only be for a few hours and no one can know about it, not he should know how to return.-Sarah turned and addressed me-If you want to stay alive within eight hours or up to ten, you should be far away from there- Sarah took off her scarf, revealing a beautiful face of a seductive woman.- I don’t want you to know where we're going or that you learn the way, I'll blindfold.
-I think I will be more useful if I go with the eyes uncovered. I have been on my own for a long time and I can see possible danger from over long distances.
-Oh, really?... You didn't detect us-Said Sarah arching her right eyebrow.
-That does not count! It was because I was decentralized by hunger.
-Put it on and shut your mouth!-Commanded Sarah.
-Your friend is really rude, huh Jessy?
Jessy smiled and nodded.
-But it's the one I've learnt the most.
I obeyed and put the scarf around my eyes. Jessy gave me her hand, with the other hand holding a bright flashlight, and walked with them to the mysterious shelter.
With the wind scarf slipped a little, and so I could see with one eye the way. The truth is that even if I could memorize it, I was not interested in going back there after I had gone through that night. What would I do, looting and murdering a whole tribe by myself? ... Right now I'm a nomad, I only agreed to go with them because I am hungry and I need to heal my foot so I could move towards my destination. I had to get going south no matter what!
I walked with difficulty and was slowing the pace of the girls until I tripped and fell. When Jessy stabilized to avoid falling she crouched worried stretching out her hand.
-Are you okay ?, can you walk?
-Yes, I think so-I said reaching her hand and getting up. Jessy winked at me, grabbing her hand, I ratted myself, and they knew I could see despite having scarf eyes.
-Silence, I heard something!-Exclaimed Sarah, who immediately drew her gun walking as she looked all around sharpening her eyes and ears. Jessy shone her flashlight and took a carving knife from her pocket.
I also put myself on guard with my glasses and my strained arch. I had the night vision enabled to see, but in this case couldn't see anything beyond a foot in my face, so I turned on the heat uptake, and saw a herd of hungry wolhors approaching us; a new mutated ferocious species, jaw and cunning of a wolf and the size of a horse. They were not as fast as their ancestors, and their size was hindering them when moving, but as a herd they were very dangerous. Soon I did not need to activate the heat uptake, because we were surrounded, they were there! They had been attracted by the smell of reindeer and my wound.
They had a strong and huge paws, as big as their mouths filled with sharp teeth and fangs. The three approached one another, sticking our backs and thinking about how to get rid of them.
-Deyon, Attacks the north wing, I will attack the South ... and you, Jessy, stay here in case get too close, and then stab your knife, cover us!
-Why don't you have a suitable weapon Jessy?- I asked.
-I had it , but I dropped off the cliff before-Said the teenager- This way is more exciting!
-Oh, you ain’t kidding! ... Especially if I can’t run due to my limping if things get really bad!-I laughed hysterically.
-Oh don't chicken out!- Said Sarah removing her gun safety -Are you ready?
Sarah took aim and fired, I did the same with those who came from the north, just saw that every time we ended with a row, came more behind. The thing began to be a riot and I was running out of arrows. The sulars also showed up and joined the wolves to destroy us; others on the contrary, contributed to hunt wolves and got into a fight between them.
We were no longer surrounded, they were right on top of us. No time to shoot my only two arrows and joined Jessy pulling out my machete to face them   I must admit that despite her youth the girl was fit and knew what she was doing, jumped reached the jugular of these giant beasts and lethally hurt them.
I did the same with my machete, while Sarah was still grabbing off both species of animals, with an aim and precision that had taken her years of practice to achieve such effectiveness in combat.
Jessy was again in trouble when a sular jumped on her and threw her back, and her knife got lost in the darkness. The girl was forcibly with her bare hands trying to keep the animal's jaw closed and away from her, but the sular bit her hand, and her blood splattered her face and mouth of the beast.
I ran with my limping leg  to towards it and I stabed with my steel blade into that consular; immediately it released her and came after me, but Sarah shot it and fell down to the floor.
Hordes of animals had come to attack us due to all the fuss we were doing  on that silent night the silence in the middle of nowhere.
-Shit, we gotta get out of here! Yelled Sarah-My gun is overheating!
Plasma guns use an energy storage system to activate an electromagnetic accelerator that shoots plasma, (matter with high energy levels and temperature that I had noticed on my own right foot), but the most antiquated guns as Sarah's used to overheat after massive use, and had to let it cool off for a few minutes to keep on shooting . Then It was the perfect moment to get away.
-Let's go! Cried Jessy running at the same time as Sarah did. I could barely run but I tried the best I could, could feel the breath in the form of steam coming out from sular's mouth on my neck, chasing me and getting closer to me, I didn't wanna look back because I knew it  was right behind me, my heart was pounding so hard I could even hear it better than the so deafening roars of the starving sular. 
Sarah turned around and came back to me, giving a strong and furious punch on the sular’s skull and carried me on her arms with little effort, 
-Wow! ... You're a pretty strong girl!
-Shut up, dammit!- Exclaimed in a state of nervousness, while Jessy again reached a supersonic speed, the young redhead girl occasionally looking  back with an authentic fear expression on her face. Those wretches never got tired of running after us!
-We're almost there!-Gasped Jessy.-I will go in through the front door, Randal and Kaila are on duty, they may kill a few to keep them out. You go through the other door so they won't see you coming in with Deyon, okay Sarah?
-I know, although it will be difficult, I will go in through our secret opening.
We got to a large building, a rather old and deteriorated huge abandoned factory. Jessy left us and headed for the front door with beasts at her heels, I heard how she cried for help and the guards fired with great accuracy to those animals.
Sarah took me through a different way to avoid being seen by those guards and around the building. We got to the back side and she lifted a steel table which was at ground level.
-Come on, roll over and get into this way, quick!-Commanded leaving me on the ground. I did so and she followed me behind me, closing the narrow opening again just in time to be gripped by a sular.
She took a deep breath and she took me again.
-Don't make any noise-whispered. Sarah led me upstairs to a small room, which once had been an office. It was furnished with a wooden bed made by craftsmen with a dirty old mattress, but quite comfortable. I hadn't seen one in a long time, nor any sular fur blanket, so soft, silky and comforting. I could not help lie emitting a deep sigh of pleasure as I placed my head on the soft cushion.
When we got in we locked the door, there was a padlock with a key which  Sarah, had  but someone was calling on the other side.
-Sarah open the door, I know you're in there, come out now-! Exclaimed a severe male voice, certainly was not Jessy.
-Shit ... we have been discovered?- I wondered.
-Shhh, be quiet! Muttered. While the guy was still banging on the door and trying to turn the knob-Get under the bed- I’m coming!- She said opening the lock, and opened the door slightly.
What the hell happened ?, you're so awkward to go hunting and allowed Jessy to get bitten on her hand, and bringing  a whole horde of sulars and wolhors toward us?
-I'm sorry...
-Sure you have not brought anything for us, right? You know, no voucher for anything, fucking machine!
-Well, all the guards have killed around here can be eaten, doesn't that count? 
-You have endangered Jessy, and the whole tribe! Besides now these animals know where we are they will follow the trail left by their pack mates and will come over, you should know that we don't have enough weapons to deal with that!
-Troy, just think that we'll have more food, plus, if necessary I will handle it I will annihilate all of them, I am responsible for it.
-If that happens, you will be the first bitch to leave here and don't come back until you have finished all them or until you get eaten by them...- He took a breath of air-you can take it for granted.
-All right.
-And may I ask you how did you get in? 
-I came in as fast as I could because I was being chased , maybe the guards didn't see me.

-I want you to heal Jessy's hand, I want her to be able to defend herself because you're useless, I trusted you one of my best hunter and you brought her like that . You'll never be like us, you are trash and scrap cables, you're just rubbish!
-I'm coming, I’ll be downstairs, I was just bringing some things over here.
-Do you think that is more important to come and get comfortable while out there Kaila and Randal were risking their lives?
-No ... sorry.
-I don't have all day, damn machine!-Shouted angrily- Jessy is at the nursery .-Said that man whom I could only see his feet from my position, apparently was the leader of the Arcasians ... I was surprised that someone like Sarah, could bear such insults and orders coming from that asshole. He left and Sarah closed the door.
-Now I’m going to take a look at Jessy's hand, stay hidden, whenever I comeback from nursing I will bring whatever is needed for your feet, okay? –She said almost whispering.
-I got it.
I waited laying under the bed, I was stunned due to the bleeding and pain, suddenly I fell asleep.
I woke up when I heard the door open, gave me heart sank but I was relieved to see that it was Jessy and Sarah.
-You can come out now Deyon, is safe now!- Cried Jessy smiling, she  had a bandage on her left hand.
I stretched and rolled to get out of bed, I sat and sat on the edge.
-How're you doing Jessy ?, What's in your hand?
-Oh, it's nothing ... Sarah has made me a simple suture and bandaged me, shortly will be fine.
-Now let's see your foot  ... take your shoes off and take a look at it.  I regret not having more modern equipment to heal you, but this is all I found in this old factory...
-Don’t worry-I said taking off my boot, which had a hole because of the shot so you could see my bloody and broken sock by exposing my foot, I noticed that it did not look good, I didn't know how long it had been since the shooting but my skin seemed to be badly injured. 
-It happened about two and a half hours, let's see what we can do, I'll wash your injury .-Said Sarah, washing my feet with disinfectant soap and water. She examined the wound caused by the large burn plasma shot and took X-rays to make an interior inspection.

-Don't Move, let's see if it has affected any vessel, tendon or nerve, right?
Sarah placed the device on my foot, it was like a great camera, included a screen where she could see the radiograph live.
-You were lucky ... or maybe that boot was really good. We made it on time to prevent gas gangrene, yet there is damaged tissue and I'll have to get rid of it before necrosis occurs. I'm gonna put a gauze and immobilize your foot, but in a few hours when I return to clean it up we will be able to heal the wound, I'll upload the laser to do so soon you won't even remember that you have been shot.
-I'm glad to hear that- I sighed deeply, while Sarah gauze and wrapped up me Jessy looked expectantly.
-Me too, I want to apology and ask for forgiveness for shooting you on your foot, you seem to be a nice guy ... you know that you cannot trust nobody nowadays.-Jessy said.
-I would have done the same as you, is just that I would have shot you in the head, so in any case should be grateful to you for not killing me.
-Never mind.  You know?, we  are very few humans populating the Earth, I rather won't kill anyone unless is absolutely necessary, I think that if we all got together  and we could  join among all us it would be a lot easier to survive... but I know that's impossible, there are still be plenty of wicked people around the world... as Troy. So that's why I will not share reindeer encysted with him, I brought it here for us. They will eat the meat of sulars and wolhors which were killed at the gates of the factory, but it's nothing compared with reindeer, I prefer the flavour of the reindeer meat. I already cooked it as soon as cooker free, no one noticed anything  they didn't know what kind of animal I was cooking because everyone was busy gobbling their meat share .-Jessy pulled a cloth bag with two generous pieces of reindeer smoked by fire firewood. She served one to me and another one for her, and brought me a glass of water.-Water from a well which we built few months ago, we boiled the water to kill bacteria, or use purification tablets, try it, sure you're thirsty!
-Thank you for your hospitality, aren't you eating anything, Sarah?
-I don't need to eat or drink, as you heard the cocoon of Troy ... I am an android, but he prefers to call me ‘’piece of junk fucking machine ‘’
-It's true, I heard it but i needed to confirm it ... it's been a long time since I hadn't seen one of them, I thought they all have fled to mars with their owners,  or under the sea ... even so, I must say I've never seen one so perfect as you, how did you end up here, and why do you put up with Troy ?, perhaps it is him who created you? If he were so wealthy, he would not be living on Earth, I figure out…

-I'm not here because of him, but because of Jessy. It's a long story...
-You may tell me about it if you want, until I can take off the gauze I have plenty of time-I took a fierce bite to the delicious reindeer.
-All right! She is Sarah Tesla, a doctor’s daughter... -Jessy began telling the story, but soon she was interrupted by Sarah.
-I will tell you... My father was an ambitious scientist and inventor, with great revolutionary ideas. Worked for the government, when there was still here ... and was responsible for building ships so the highest rank officers could fled to Mars, plus bunkers under the sea -Sarah lowered her gaze-He never told me their locations, nor anything about it because it was top secret and would jeopardise his life and mine as well...- raised her eyes and fixed her eyes on us-Yes, I was once as you, with the flesh and bones. I used to be a lieutenant in the army, and I lost all my soldiers in the war against the inhabitants of Mars, when they wanted independence from Earth and denied us the resources needed to survive here. Many people died after the attack from Mars against us, they tried to kill all type of life on this planet, allowing only the upper class  to live, they tried to starve all of us, as we are now; but then we decided to fight them. The irony is that they came to kill us with the same ships that my father had built back then. He was offered to go to Mars, but as i was rejected and they wouldn't go he decided to stay with me here me ... until the day I died. When my father found me, there was no brain activity needed to save, or clone myself, there was not enough time. The last thing I remember is an army soldier from Mars shooting at me from a close range with his plasma rifle, piercing my abdomen, and especially remember my hands stained with my blood. When I woke up, I saw my father. He was in his lab, I asked him how did I get there, just before screaming to see myself in a mirror that half of my face was made of robotics. Then he explained to me that he could not save me, but he was able to save my stored memories, at the very last moments before my death. He had built an exact copy of my body , he was about to finish his last great work. An android capable of having feelings, personality, and identity of the deceased Sarah Tesla. No one had ever created an artificial human being so perfect as you can see I am ... it was as if I had been brought back to life, a resurrection.
-That's true, and I am telling  you that if it were not because you have such incredible strength, and run so fast without even getting tired, you would  be unnoticed ... –I remarked while remaining attentive to his story.
-I know ... Well, my father died in my arms years later, because of the disease of aging. He was elderly and just took him a few seconds to die. I wish he had thought me how to be cloned or  to create an android or whatever, to bring him back to life but unfortunately he did not. Neither our disposal and material to do it, because of the great looting and robbery we had  since we lost the war and just of few of us remained on earth . Any invention or creation made by my father, was owned by the government which is now in Mars. My father kept me in secrecy all this time, until one day someone spread the news of my existence, now reborn as an android. They special forces came and kidnapped me, they wanted me to become as a weapon in their watchdog, to kill my own people ... even though they  were the ones who killed me!-Shouted with an expression of anger, clenching her  fists and teeth- As you can imagine, I defended myself  as I could charging on them and killing them until I managed  to escape from their secret facility on Earth, today destroyed by the terrible and frequent earthquakes that have occurred. That was when, after months being alone, trying to get recover from that experience and wandering like you ... till I found Jessy. She just to live in a village which had been built with so much struggle hidden behind the snowy plateau, along with her family: her parents and brother. Some suckers broke into her home, taking them by surprise, raping her mother before her father terrified eyes and brother, Jessy was hidden under a bed listening to everything, yet they did not know she was there and she was too afraid to go out. After hearing the shots when they murdered her family, she heard the footsteps of those burglars approaching her bedroom. They were inspecting the house and found her. Jessy struggled with them, managed to disarm one of them with his own weapon and shot him. Then she left her home in tears and asking for help. When I saw her three men were shooting at her chasing her. I kill them all, and since then Jessy and I have always being together.

-Such memory you have, Sarah!- Exclaimed Jessy-I only  told you once two years ago and you seem to remember it better than me ...- redhead  girl turned to me-she has taught me everything I know today, I owe her the fighting skills and how to protect myself.
-That's how I ended up living on an Arcasian tribe because of Jessy who longed  a home, because she still believes in humanity and the fact on  which a community is possible, and even though I was and still am reluctant, that's why I came here, when Troy found us and he told us about this place.
-How long have you been in this factory?-I asked.
-Six months-they answered in unison.
-And are you happy here? ...- I asked fearing the answer.
-No, definitely not-answered firmly Jessy-I came here thinking we'd be a family, but Troy ... is very unpleasant, I cannot stand him. Well the truth is that he gave us a roof, but while he is here in a comfortable factory, others have to leave searching for food and to feed him.
-I'm so sick of his impertinence-affirmed Sarah-But I'm still here because of Jessy.
-If you want to you can join me. I'm heading south, I heard that over there the temperature is warmer, and ...- I paused, I wasn't sure I could really trust you telling you about the ship, I was afraid that without me both of you would find it and leave without me. 
-And… what?-Questioned Sarah.
-Nothing, I think things will be better over there, I am convinced about it -stated. Whenever I have more confidence with you two i will tell you the rest, or perhaps whenever we really find the ship, if the rumour is true.
-What do you think, Jessy?- Said Sarah.
-I don’t know ...
-It's time to take that bandage off -She said staring at my foot, then laying her artificial eyes at Jessy-While you think, I'll go and get the laser, you know I will go wherever you go.
Sarah left, now the damaged skin had to be removed and sew the wound.  The truth is that despite the shortage of surgical material, they had enough to survive. It is very likely that if in the end they decide to accompany me on my journey, I'd suggest them to take with them as much as they can. It'd be a great idea to have an android and a young hunter expertise with me along the way.
The android came back and uncovered my wound, removed dead tissue and closed the painful aperture with the laser. At the end, I only had a slight whitish mark as scar. She repeated the same operation with Jessy's hand, and just as she was finishing, we heard screams and gunshots.
Startled, everyone ran to catch their weapons. I remembered looking for my quiver, I only had two arrows left, and needed to find more somewhere, at the moment I could only  defend myself  with my machete.
-Down at the store room I think there should be more arrows, meanwhile, take my gun. Troy has the key, but I’ll manage to open it, there are always more stored weapons than what he says, I know it because I am the one who has retrieve most weapons, but he still provide us with only one for each one of us- Sarah launched into the air and I grabbed her gun.
-Thank you.
Jessy now had a ray-shotgun as deadly or even deadlier than the plasma. Ray ammunition was popularly known as' 'the death ray', a short distance shot, could fry your brain in a blink.
Sarah opened the padlock on the door and leaned slightly, so did I crouched, looking through the crack with the gun ahead.
I watched that everybody were leaving their rooms armed going downstairs in a rush as troy had ordered, while warning the incoming danger.
-Caution, caution!-Vehemently cried, his voice as distorted and lost between the whistles of the shooting.
I have already gone through this situation before, the place was being sacked. I saw a group of burly men who had been attracted by the building, and wanted to invade at all cost.
-Ladies, is a good time to decide if you want to come with me or not. I want to know if I have to shoot my way out of here or to defend your home.
-Let’s go south, I need new emotions!- Exclaimed Jessy giving a strong kick to the door and leaving us exposed. She gunpoint her gun and smashed the chest of one of the assailants with her death ray.

-Take everything that you can before they steal it!- She exclaimed-medicines, surgical laser weapons store, everything!
-That's done -said Sarah by twisting a guy's neck with her own bare hands-This way!
We made our way running down the stairs and killing every living creature that attacked us, and even those who were not we attacking too. I was neither on one side nor the other, I was a simple intruder, for everyone I was a stranger, a mere threat.
We made it downstairs, where a real pitched battle was taking place. There were traces of brains scattered on the floor, on more than one occasion I slipped due to the blood on the floor beneath my feet, and occasionally bumped onto amputees members ... we were walking among corpses. Everywhere there were people fighting, a struggle of life and death, and rays, plasmas, and other projectiles were thrown from side to side; while struggled to stay alive. I do not know how many people I had to kill, I lost the count.
At last we reached the nursing. It was being sacked at the time, we dodged gunfire hiding crouched behind the stretcher. I came out and shoot three of them Jessy killed two others, and while the others were distracted trying to kill us, Sarah ran towards them from behind and killed the remaining two with her hands. I'd never stop being surprised to see how strong my new traveling mate was.
-Well done, Sarah! I don’t know where do you keep the things, Jessy and I will cover the entrance, and so no one can't come in here, hurry up and take the essentials for us!
Jessy was shielded behind a table, and me behind a stretcher. We were crouched and every time we heard the door open we fired. Sarah was quick to take the material, and once she had finished ran to the door hitting another guy and knocked him down instantly.
-Come on let's get the weapons-She shouted.
Jessy and I followed her into the dark, damp basement, Sarah got shot by a plasma, she was hit on her   shoulder and that plasma made a small scratch on her  artificial skin, revealing a fraction of refractory metal layer  part of her  being. She quickly reacted to the surprise of the enemy, grabbing his neck and throwing him to his fellow tribesmen.
We had some trouble going downstairs, I had to deal with two huge mastodon-I must  say I was not very tall ... - between the two grabbed me and gave several punches trying to make me fall, I do not know where did they come from! I suppose they saw my stupid face as I was staring at them. Then I shot one of them killing him, but the other disarmed me, my gun fell to the ground and was unable to collect it again, because this big guy had now taken my head and started hitting the walls playing with my head, so I felt numb from the blow. But full of rage lunged at him with all my strength I pushed him and giving a fortuitous flying kick in his stomach and made him to stumble. Someone tried to shoot me and I heard a hiss very close to my ears.  My fists had blood on them due to the punching. Angered I lunged another dry and quick blow to his jugular before he could recover from prior kicking, then  I jumped up and stuck my elbow into his neck, causing it to bend down slightly and holding him close enough, swiftly took out my machete and slit his neck.

I spotted my gun and picked it up, I glanced a few feet away and because of the low light of the metal stairs leading down to the basement, I could only guess through silhouettes and shadows that Jessy and Sarah were also in trouble, at that time I had saved the night goggles, as I kept on going into that blissful factory. Through such a narrow place, the passage was too busy.
I made my way through the barbarity of people fighting each other and weapons trying to hurt me, finally I jumped down several steps to reach the bottom.
There were only three men and a woman, Jessy and Sarah stepped away to let me in. 
-You got lost?-Asked Sarah.
-Well, I can see that you two have been somehow t entertained... where are those greedy weapons that everyone's looking for?
-Follow me.
We ran to the left down through a long corridor with more lighting thanks to the hoses. I'm sure that those assailants were fascinated to find a place with electricity, as much as I was.
-Who provided you with cordless electricity?-I asked while kept on running.
-I did it. My father taught me how to do it-Replied Sarah.
We reached the store's door and Sarah bent the heavy steel bars of that chamber and managed to open it. 
We were surprised when we got in Troy was inside. Troy was crouched picking up some weapons, he was the only one who has the key of the door it didn't take long before he aimed at me and pulled the trigger, so I rolled on the floor to avoid getting shot so I aimed at him and Jessy stood in front of me with her arms crossed.
-Don't shoot, Troy!-she shouted.
-Who the hell is he?, are you defending the attackers? Get out of my way!
-He is with us
-I have a better question, what are you doing here while your men are dying out there?-Sarah asked.
He stood up with his frown face 
-These are my weapons, I came here to defend them.
-Oh, really? Coming and hiding here just by yourself? You're a fucking coward!
Troy aimed at Sarah, and Jessy aimed at Troy.
-Are you going to betray me after all I have done for you? I provided you with shelter food, a community, a job, you didn't have anything now you're coming here to rob me, you damn whores!-exclaimed 
-We're not stealing, we are taking what is ours. We have brought here more weapons than what you have brought, and you and I both know that what you were trying to do was to escape through the back door with your provisions, fleeing and abandoning us , isn't that right?- Said Sarah.
-You shut up!- He fired at Sarah and she jumped quickly to miss the plasma shot, Jessy also fired at him and blew up his head with the ray rifle.
-Shut up, Troy!-Said Jessy.
-It was about time someone killed this bastard.
-Come on, let's hurry up! Let's get the weapons, but don't take so much weight… we still have a long way to go-I said.
I went straight to take arrows for my bow but I also found an ice-9 gun. We all know that human body has water in it, well,  the waves that this weapon uses make bodies soft tissues as blood cells such as eyes it kills instantly is like freezing and crystallizing water, so I took it into my bag.
https://dub127.mail.live.com/ol/clear.gifhttps://dub127.mail.live.com/ol/clear.gifhttps://dub127.mail.live.com/ol/clear.gifJessy walked through a corridor until she found something that caught her attention. It was a sniper rifle with incendiary projectiles. This bullets from this gun penetrates the body and it doesn't go out, it stays inside the body in a second they are capable to explode and blow you up in pieces into the air. It can also serve to destroy everything in its path, including steel. Still, it is a weapon to be used over long range distances, and you must have very accurate aim, as rifles used to be in antiquity. The red-haired girl also acquired a weapon, it was a '’knife'‘ extensible double-edged. In its shortest way it could be used to cut, to shatter a good hunt such as reindeer encysted, and in its longest appearance was a masterful electric sword. Emanated a similar beam energy, which could electrocute one body, pierced by the tip of the weapon. She also threw it into her pocket.
Sarah took the plasma pistol, shotgun death ray that used Jessy, and a dagger.
We have to go to the well to fill our canteens, and take the purification pills .-Jessy said.
-We do not have time to go to the well, haven't you seen which what is happening out there? Where are the purification tablets are?- I asked.
 -Here!-Sarah pointed to a shelf and took it.
I noticed that kept canteens on another shelf, I took them and opened, they were full!
-A problem solved, let's get them. Troy was a jerk, but at least had the bright idea to keep his supplies here for his getaway-I said seizing one them.


-Great, let's get out of here then!-Exclaimed Jessy.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario